The Bachelor of Christian Studies degree is designed for students who want to grow in their Christian faith and who desire to gain a general introduction to biblical, theological, or ministry studies. This degree program is recommended for students who have yet to choose a specific vocation and who would gain from a variety of Christian disciplines. It is also recommended for those who are interested in preparing for seminary studies.
Those who complete this program will be well positioned to serve Christ in a variety of church or para-church ministries as well as to continue their studies in seminary. The BCS degree also provides students with a solid foundation for living out their Christian faith in any vocation graduates may pursue.
Degree Program Outcomes
Graduates with the Bachelor of Christian Studies degree will be trained to:
- Mature in their Christian faith while learning to engage the world
- Gain understanding in biblical and theological issues
- Grow in multiple areas of Christian studies and ministry skills
- Become more well-rounded as they expand their knowledge in general education studies.
- The prerequisite for this degree is a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- A total of 120 credit hours is required for the completion of the degree
- At least 30 credit hours must be completed on campus to provide regular and substantive student-faculty interaction to facilitate achieving the degree outcomes.
The following outlines the required courses that students must take
in order to complete the Bachelor of Christian Studies degree:
The Canadian Baptist College is recognized by the Province of Alberta, and the Bachelor of Christian Studies (BCS) degree is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). This degree is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit under the DLI number 019256741082.