This graduate-level degree program is designed to equip students with the skills for in-depth study and interpretation of the Bible. It would be of most interest to students desiring to increase their appreciation for the Christian Scriptures but not necessarily interested in a professional ministry degree. The program will strengthen lay leaders serving in church, para-church, or other mission agencies.
- The prerequisite for this degree is a BA degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university
- A total of 48 credit hours are required for the completion of the degree.
- Graduates will have gained a survey knowledge of both the Old and New Testaments.
- Graduates will demonstrate hermeneutical skills with facility in at least one of the biblical languages.
- Graduates will have the ability to apply biblical truth to life and ministry.
The Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary and College is recognized by the Province of Alberta, and the MA (Biblical Studies) degree is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).